Winter detox diet: Cleanse your body despite the bad weather
The gastrointestinal system, specifically the small intestine, is like our second brain.
The foods we eat become part of us and reach every single one of our cells. What we eat also impacts our systems in many ways, including hormonally, neurologically and psychologically. That is why watching what we eat is synonymous with health.
Specific diets: Yes or no?
There are literally an infinite number of options when it comes to diets. There are thousands of different diets that employ a wide range of methods for a variety of purposes. But the one that, rightfully, is very popular in recent times is the detox diet. This type of diet is used to release toxins and harmful elements from the body. The name itself is an abbreviation for detoxification.
But this diet goes even further. In other words, this diet doesn’t focus solely on weight loss, as its main objective is to get a healthy body by cleansing it of the pathogens and harmful substances that build up in our tissues and damage them over time.
How do detox diets work?
The harmful foreign pathogens we’re talking about here are oxidizers. What does that mean? Very simple. Our body is like a metal bar. If we neglect it and leave it unprotected in the elements, it will rust; or in other words, substances will build up and cling to the structure, making them difficult to remove.
That’s why it’s important to take care of our bodies to prevent premature damage to the organs. The basic idea is to purify the body by strengthening our natural antioxidants.
To do this, the diet has two phases: first purifying and then anti-oxidizing.
What kinds of detox diets are there?
If you are thinking about doing a winter detox diet, it is important to know the different options:
– Detoxification and drainage diet-therapy: based on using substances that stimulate our body’s ability to purify itself.
– Juice-based diet: Mainly consuming fruits and vegetables in the form of juices. It also includes drinking other liquids like water or tea.
– Diet based on unprocessed solids and liquids: juices are combined with solid foods like fruits, vegetables, seeds and grains.
– Diet based on unprocessed foods: avoiding animal products and processed foods.
– Smart fast: an age-old concept; in fact there is a branch of medicine called the natural hygiene movement which is based on this concept. Fast for a set time, at least one day.
Whichever option you choose, you will experience incredible results. We don’t realize it, but using this type of diet helps our body eliminate and purify harmful substances. Don’t wait and try it now. Your body will thank you.
At SHA Wellness Clinic, we have a Detox Program that combines natural therapies, physical exercise and a cleansing diet to help you achieve better vitality and physical and mental well-being.