White Bean Stew Recipe
During cold winter, we need to eat more substantial plates that fill us and warm us up. The recipes with beans are perfect for that. These pulses, in addition to be tasty, are healthy since they contain high quantities of iron, zinc and fibre. Here is a delicious recipe of white bean stew.
- 1 cup white beans, soaked for 3 hours
- 1 carrot washed and cut into small chunks
- 1 stick celery washed and cut into 1.3 cm pieces
- 1 onion cut into large cubes
- 1 yam or sweet potato cut into cubes
- 1-inch piece kombu rinsed
- Pinch sea salt
- 1 tbsp shoyu
- 1 ½ tbsp umeboshi vinegar
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- Spring water
- Coriander for garnish
- Layer the ingredients in the following order in a saucepan; kombu, onions, celery, squash, carrot, and beans. Make sure there is enough water to just cover the beans. Use the soaking water and any additional water as needed.
- Bring to boil over a medium heat. Reduce the heat to low and cook the beans until soft..
- Add the salt, the rice syrup, shoyu and umeboshi vinegar to your white bean stew.
- Cook for 5 minutes and then stir through beans.
- Serve garnished with coriander.
This white bean stew recipe is a perfect plate for the next winter months and a good way to mix pleasure and healthy food. Dare to cook it and don’t forget to let a comment!