What is Zinc? Functions and benefits
Zinc (also called cinc) is an essential mineral for the body. It has a specific role in over 300 enzymes involved in all the important biochemical reactions in the human body. It has a straight effect on growth, neurological development and the immune system.
- It’s necessary for the nervous system and the skeleton.
- Helps in the growth and the immune system.
- It’s important for the proper development of the ovaries and testicles.
- Takes part in the synthesis of DNA and RNA.
- It’s important for the functioning of smell and taste.
- It helps wound healing.
- Prevents Acne.
- Powerful natural antioxidant.
Causes of lack of Zinc
- Stress periods, hypertension
- Renal disorders
- High use of medicines, or B6 vitamin
- Irregular periods
- After several diseases
Zinc deficit causes
- Delayed growth
- Hair Loss
- Tiredness and behavioral disorders
- White spots on nails
- Increased cholesterol
- Appearance of stretch marks
Foods that containing Zinc
In our online boutique you can find 3 zinc-containing supplements specifically formulated for: