What is Water kefir?
Kefir is a healthy food obtained from the fermentation of kefir grains. Grains are made from the combination of different bacteria beneficial to our organism. That’s why kefir has been used during years to regulate the intestinal flora and to fight diseases.
There are who types of Kefir, milk and water kefir. There are only one difference between them, and is the way of preparation, either with water or milk. The advantage of water kefir is that people with intolerances can also drink it.
Benefits of water kefir
- Helps digestion, regenerating the intestinal flora.
- Strengthens the immune system.
- Helps fight diseases.
- Detoxifying effect.
- Helps eliminate gases and regulates constipation.
- Fights skin problems.
- Weight control.
- Reduces anxiety and depression
- Helps sleeping.
How to prepare water kefir?
Kefir is a healthy drink with lemonade flavor, carbonated and with an orange color. It’s unique because it can’t be sold so you have to prepare it. Learn how!
Ingredients (for 1 liter)
- 3 tablespoons *kefir grains.
- 1 liter mineral water.
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar.
- 1 dried fig.
- ½ lemon, cut into four pieces.
* You can find kefir nodules on natural stores.
- Mix all ingredients in a glass jar and cover.
- Stir and let stand in the bottle for 2 days.
- Drain all ingredients with a strainer.
- Drink before meals.
- Those who don’t tolerate gas in drinks can remove the liquid from the glass and let it stay for a few minutes to remove the gas.
- There are people who feel great with two glass of kefir a day but others need three or four to feel the effects.
- Kefir nodules can be reused. So it’s recommended to wash them in mineral water and keep them in sugar ( only for four or five days) or to keep them in the fridge in a plastic bag to be reused and prepare more kefir.
Now that you know all the benefits of kefir water, what are you waiting to prepare it and enjoy its incredible benefits?