Veggie Sushi Rolls Recipe
Today we suggest this 100% healthy sushi version. A veggie sushi rolls recipe with tofu for the most adventurous in the kitchen.
The preparation of this recipe is not difficult at all but need time and dedication. Do you dare to try it?
Ingredients for the rice
2 cups semi-brown rice, cooked
2 tbsp brown rice vinegar
Pinch of sea salt
1 tbsp mirin
Rest of ingredients
4 sheets nori (dried seaweed)
1 cup chopped veggies – (carrot, cucumber, red pepper, avocado, mushrooms)
Toasted sesame seeds
Soy sauce, pickled ginger, wasabi for serving
- Mix the salt, vinegar and mirin together in a small bowl.
- Add the mixture to hot rice and mix gently.
- Chop the vegetables into thin enough pieces to allow the sushi to roll up well.
- Now it’s time to roll: take a sushi mat.
- Place the nori on the mat.
- Add about ¾ cup of rice. Place in the middle of the nori and gently press with damp hands until it covers about 2/3rds of the nori.
- Then arrange a serving of your veggies or other filling in a line at the bottom 3/4 of the rice closest to you.
- Start to roll the nori and rice over with your fingers. Once the vegetables are covered, roll over the mat, using it to mould and compress the roll. Continue until completely rolled up.
- Slice with a sharp knife and set aside.
- To make the inside out roll, cover the mat with cling film.
- Press the rice onto the nori and flip over onto the mat. Add a layer of vegetables to the nori. Roll up.
- Lay pieces of avocado onto the rice and re-roll pressing gently to mould the avocado over the rice. Cut into pieces.
- Serve immediately with pickled ginger, soy sauce and wasabi.
This veggie sushi rolls recipe is ideal for those days that you don’t have fresh fish at home or just because you want something light to dinner. Try it and tell us how you like it!
And if you’d like to learn more recipes, have a look to our healthy cooking classes at The Chef’s studio.
<!– Begin MailChimp Signup Form EN–>