Tempeh Wraps with Peanut Sauce
Muscles are a fundamental part of our body and it is very important to nourish and train them every day to lead a healthy life. Melanie Waxman, our nutrition expert, shared this recipe of tempeh rolls with peanut sauce to help you strengthen the muscles.
- 1 block tempeh
- 4-6 chard leaves rinsed and stem removed
- 1 tablespoon sauerkraut
- 1 tablespoon grated carrot
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 1-2 tablespoons shoyu
- Sesame or olive oil
- 1 inch strip kombu
- 1-2 tablespoons creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon mirin
- 1 tablespoons shoyu
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1-2 tablespoons spring water
- Place 2 cups of water into a pan and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
- Add the chard leaves and blanch for about 30 seconds. Remove and place on a plate.
- Cut the tempeh in half.
- Place the tempeh and kombu into the pan with the blanching water. Make sure the water just covers the tempeh. Remove some of the liquid if there is too much.
- Bring to a boil, and add the tamari and ginger. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove the tempeh and spread one side with mustard
- Place a generous amout of oil into a skillet and warm on a medium low flame.
- Add the tempeh and pan fry until golden and crispy. It takes about 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove and cut into squares.
For the sauce
- Place the ingredients for the peanut sauce into a small bowl and mix to a smooth creamy texture.
Making the wraps
- Place the tempeh, sauerkraut and grated carrot in the middle of the chard leaf. Drizzle the peanut sauce on top.
- Fold up the sides of the chard leaf and roll to make a wrap.
- Cut in half and serve.
- Another option is to place the peanut sauce into a small bowl and use as a dipping sauce