Tempeh with Vegetables Recipe
Tempeh is a great source of plant-based protein and when combined with vegetables, it makes a delicious and nutritious dish. Aside from being very healthy, it’s also a really easy and quick meal to prepare on those days where you don’t want to spent too much time in the kitchen, but you still want to have an enjoyable meal. All the ingredientes are full of beneficial nutrients that are excellent for your health. Take advantage of what’s left of the warmer weather to make this tasty dish, you’ll love it!
- 1 block tempeh
- 2.5 cm strip of kombu
- 1-2 tbsp shoyu
- Oil for deep-frying
- 1 cup spring water
- 2 cups kale, finely sliced
- 2 tbsp takuan pickle, finely sliced
- 1 carrot cut into matchsticks
- 1 leek, finely sliced
- 1 cup black olives, finely sliced
- Spring water
- Place the tempeh, water, kombu, shoyu and a few slices of ginger into a pan.
- Cover and bring to a boil. Simmer for about 15 minutes.
- Remove and spread one side with mustard. Cut into thin strips and deep fry until golden.
- Meanwhile, bring a pan of water to a boil.
- Blanch the carrot, leek and then the kale. Blanch each vegetable separately.
- Place in a serving dish. Add the takuan and olives.
- Toss the tempeh through the vegetables and serve.
Try making this delicious recipe!