Ready to cook your next favourite dish? A delicious Tempeh Stir Fry will get you all the energy you need for the weekend! Just follow the next steps.
Tempeh needs 15 minutes to 1 hour to marinate. 15 minutes of preparation and cooking for the dish
For the Tempeh Crumbles:
8 oz tempeh crumbled into small pieces
1 clove of garlic minced
1 tablespoon fresh ginger grated
1-2 tablespoons lime juice
1-2 spring onions finely sliced
3 tablespoons tamari
1 tablespoon rice syrup
1/3 cup water
1 tsp sesame oil
For the stir fry:
4 oz udon noodles broken in half and cooked al dente
1 cup Chinese cabbage finely sliced
1 carrot finely sliced julienne
1/2 onion finely sliced
1/2 cup snow peas or string beans finely sliced
2 tablespoons cilantro and basil finely sliced
2 tablespoons tamari
2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
1 tablespoon sesame oil
Black pepper or pepper flakes, toasted black sesame seeds for garnish
Sauerkraut – 1 tablespoon per serving
1) Crumble the tempeh into a bowl.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients except the sesame oil and mix well to combine.
3) Chill for 15 minutes to an hour.
Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add the sesame oil.
4) Add the tempeh and the marinade and sauté over medium heat until all the marinade is absorbed and the tempeh is slightly crispy.
5) Remove from the skillet.
6) Using the same skillet, add a little more oil if necessary.
7) Saute the onion for a few minutes, followed by the carrot, string beans and finally the Chinese cabbage.
8) Add a little water to cover the bottom of the skillet.
9) Add the cooked noodles, soy sauce, rice vinegar and sesame oil.
10) Cover with a lid and steam for a minute heat the noodles.
11) Taste the noodles and add a little more seasoning if necessary.
Add the fresh herbs and tempeh, and toss lightly.
12) Serve in individual bowls garnished with toasted seeds, black pepper and sauerkraut.