- Slice the seitan into sheets.
- Marinate with remaining ingredients in a ziploc bag for two hours.
Orange Sweet & Sour Sauce:
- Dissolve the kuzu in little water.
- Blend all the ingredients in a blender.
- Heat until the kuzu gels and gives the sauce some texture.
- Peel, cut and boil the sweet potato with the bay leaf and salt.
- Julienne the Chine cabbage, chop the garlic and sauté both in a squirt of oil until it begins to colour.
- Remove from heat.
- Mash the sweet potato into a purée.
- Add the cabbage and finely-chopped lemon.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
French Onion Petal:
- Steam in a vacuum-sealed bag in the oven at 100ºC for 10 minutes.