Stews azukis with brown rice, carrot cream and tajin
Recipe with Azuki beans
For today’s post we teach how to prepare a recipe that will delight our eyes and our palate. Its main ingredients are brown rice, azukis, carrot, kombu and Tajin, ingredients that make a delicious meal which has several health benefits.
Remember that we also have posted in this blog an article that talks in depth about the properties of azuki beans.
Kombu seaweed benefits
Japanese Kombu seaweed prolongs life span considerably . In a study kombu seaweed prolongs the life of those that were contaminated with benzo[a]pyrene, (PAHs) which are primarily by-products of incomplete combustion, such as smoking tobacco, inhaling vehicle fumes, inhaling the smoke from fires or consuming the by-product of fire cooked meals.
Benefits of pumpkin
- Rich in Beta-Carotene that is converted into vitamin A in the body, which is essential for the skin, eyesight and immune system health.
- High in Beta-Cryptoxanthin: it reduces the risk of developing inflammatory disease, such as arthritis.
Procedure for the carrots
- Peel the carrots and boil for 20 minutes, when ready remove from the fire and strain them, add 100 grams of Tajin.
- Grind all and put it aside.
Procedure for the Brown rice
- Put the rice in a saucepan, the measures are: half unit of rice for a unit of water.
- Cook at low fire, cover and remove from the fire once there is no water. Put it aside
Procedure for the azukis
- The Azukis needs to be soaked for 1 day. The next day, start by cutting the pumpkin into medium pieces; put it to boil all together with the azukis and the seaweed combo
- Add water and cook for 1 hour and fifteen minutes, it should end up being a bit dry.
- Assemble the dish, the carrots and Tajin first, add a timbale of rice on it, decorate with two dice of azukis and some sprouts