Does stress get the best of you? Do you feel like you don’t handle stress too well? There are many foods that help manage the stress and feel more balanced. The Nutrition expert, Melanie Waxman, has shared this spring salad recipe that will help you feel relaxed.
- 2 cups Chinese cabbage rinsed and finely shredded
- 1 small cucumber peeled and finely sliced
- 1 celery stalk finely sliced
- 3 radishes finely sliced
- 2 tablespoons coriander, parsley, or basil finely chopped
- 2 cups arugula rinsed and lightly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Tahini Lemon Dressing:
- 1-2 tablespoons tahini
- Juice from 1/2 lemon
- 2 tablespoons brown rice vinegar
- Few drops olive oil
- 3-4 tablespoons spring water
- 1 teaspoon shoyu
- Place the cabbage, cucumber, celery, and radishes into a large bowl.
- Add the salt and mix through the vegetables with your hands.
- Place a plate and a weight on top of the vegetables. You could use a jar of beans or you could try a jug of water. Leave to press for about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the vegetables from the bowl and discard the water.
- Place into a serving bowl.
- Add the arugula and mixed herbs.
- Mix gently.
- Serve with the tahini lemon dressing*.
*Tahini Lemon Dressing:
- Place all the ingredients into a blender except for the water.
- Add 2 tablespoons of water and blend until smooth.
- Add more water if necessary.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Serve over the spring salad.