SHA supplements: When? Why?
Supplements have come into our lives to stay. Why? Quite simply: because they go where food or the simple passage of time is not enough to keep our bodies healthy at any age.
A good analysis of biomarkers will mark the need for supplementation. For example, we know that high blood pressure manifests itself through high blood pressure. And we also know what the limits are that define a healthy cardiovascular state, prehypertension or hypertension. The same applies to blood glucose (glycaemia) and diabetes, as well as to cholesterol or atherosclerotic disease. Or with red blood cell count and anaemia… And so with dozens of health biomarkers.
A good observational study will reveal what we lack, however extreme our diet or healthy lifestyle habits. Moreover, each age and each individual has different needs. The key is the interpretation that an expert makes of each person’s study and what objectives are set.
When to supplement? “It depends on each person’s lifestyle,” explains Dr Gloria Sabater, an expert in Preventive Medicine at the SHA Wellness Clinic. And she adds: “But the most common thing is to use them to improve our cholesterol and sugar levels, immunity, sleep, revitalise ourselves, stop hair loss, treat skin wrinkles or flaccidity…
Compensation for the lack of necessary nutrients
It is not always easy to adapt the real needs in terms of food or healthy habits to our lifestyles. That’s why supplements are needed: to compensate for the lack of nutrients needed to achieve optimal levels of health, well-being and vitality.
Equally, there are groups with more need for supplementation than others. For example:
- People who follow a calorie-restrictive diet with insufficient intake of vitamins and minerals
- Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Post-surgical patients.
- Babies with special calcium and vitamin D needs.
- Followers of vegetarian diets.
The fundamental concept is to be clear that a supplement is in no way a substitute for “raw material”, be it diet, exercise or any healthy lifestyle habits. As the name suggests, it supplements. It is a supplement that helps us to improve biomarkers.
A wide range of SHA supplements
The variety of SHA supplements is wide. Some of the most interesting are:
- Immun’Age: naturally stimulates defences, has a détoxic effect and reduces oxidative stress. It is particularly suitable for anti-ageing treatments, preventing disease, improving quality of life by protecting against free radical oxidants, reducing increased oxidative stress, accompanying elite sportsmen and women seeking high performance, recovering a depressed immune system, assisting in the treatment of repeated infections or improving the expression of the GSTM1 gene.
- MAAX Detox®: a mineral of volcanic origin which binds to toxins inhaled by contamination or ingested through food, medicine or even cosmetics. It effectively absorbs heavy metals such as lead, mercury and cadmium, as well as metabolic waste products such as ammonia. Its two main functions are selective ion exchange and adsorption.
- SHA Colon Cleanse: indicated for regulating intestinal transit, it has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties. It contributes to maintaining an adequate barrier function and hydroelectrolyte balance.
- SHA Memory: a food supplement whose exceptional combination of top-quality nutrients helps maintain neurological functions.
- Join Health: made up of thousand-year-old plant ingredients, it gives a feeling of comfort to the joints and allows greater flexibility of movement.
Healthy Bones: with a unique formula, it improves osteoarticular health and contributes to the maintenance of healthy bones.
- MorEPA PLATINUM: a superior quality omega-3 food supplement that uses ecological supercritical CO2 extraction technology to provide 1,000 mg of EPA/DHA in just one dose per day.
SHA Healthy Hair: formulated with vegetable oils, vitamins and minerals, it contributes to the healthy maintenance of hair and prevents hair loss.
- SHA Sleep & Relax: a compound based on melatonin, medicinal plants, vitamins and minerals. Its combination allows for a reduction in sleep time, fatigue and tiredness, as well as protecting the cells from oxidative damage.
- SHA Cholesterol: indicated for the control of cholesterol and homocysteine thanks to its contribution of Omega 3, red rice yeast and vitamin B.
Berberine Gold: controls glucose, cholesterol, triglyceride and blood pressure levels. It treats diseases such as diabetes, hyperlipemia and hypertension.