Roasted Sweet Potato Wraps
Our nutrition expert Melanie Waxman, has shared this delicious sweet potato wrap recipe perfect to take it to the beach and eat healthy. Take care of yourself during the summer!
45 minutes (including baking the sweet potato)
- 2-3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 sweet potatoes cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Small handful of fresh mushrooms stems removed and sliced 1/4-inch thick
- 1 onion, thinly sliced in half moons
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 tablespoons tahini
- 4 large whole-wheat tortillas
- 1-2 tablespoon ume vinegar
- ½ block tofu crumbled
- Finely chopped iceberg lettuce
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F.
- Add the umeboshi vinegar to the tofu. Mix well and leave to marínate.
- Toss the sweet potatoes with 1-2 tablespoons of the oil and sprinkle with sea salt and a little black pepper.
- Arrange in a single layer on 2 oiled baking sheets. Roast until the potatoes are tender and browned around the edges, about 35 minutes total, stirring halfway through.
- Remove and cool for 5 minutes, then place on a large plate.
- Meanwhile, warm the remaining tablespoon of oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add the onions and a generous pinch of sea salt.
- Saute for about 5 minutes and add the mushrooms. Continue to saute for another minute or until the mushrooms are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and add to the sweet potatoes.
- Add the chopped basil and mix gently.
Assemble the wraps:
- Place the tortillas on a work surface.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of tahini on a tortilla.
- Add a generous serving of the sweet potato/onion/mushroom mix over the tortilla, just below center.
- Cover with a layer of crumbled tofu and chopped lettuce.
- Roll tightly by folding the sides over the filling, then rolling from the bottom up.
- Repeat with assembling the remaining wraps.