Rejuvenating Rice with Broccoli and Mushrooms
Our Nutrition Expert, Melanie Waxman, has shared this lovely uplifting dish that is packed full of vibrant ingredients, loaded with antioxidants, healthy fats, and essential nutrients. Try this delicious recipe to give your skin a healthy and youthful glow!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1-2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1 small onion cut into half moons
- 3 cups of cooked brown rice
- 3 cups broccoli cut into bite size florets
- 2 cups mushrooms finely sliced
- ½ cup toasted peanuts chopped (can use other nuts)
- Pinch sea salt
- Shoyu or tamari for seasoning
- 1 tablespoon ginger juice
- Place the oil into a skillet and warm slightly.
- Add the onions and garlic and saute for a few minutes.
- Add the broccoli and saute another minute.
- Add the mushrooms and mix through the other vegetables.
- Sprinkle a little salt over the vegetables.
- Add enough water to just cover the bottom of the pan.
- Place the cooked rice on top of the vegetables and cover with a lid.
- Steam for a few minutes until the rice is heated through.
- Remove the lid and season with the shoyu or tamari.
- Mix gently and add the ginger juice.
- Remove from heat and serve piping hot with the various garnishes*.
- Thinly sliced spring onions
- Thinly sliced cucumbers
- Lime wedges
- Extra chopped peanuts or nuts of choice
- Avocado wedges