Red Cabbage salad recipe
Summers are for vibrant, delicious salads. Our bodies are wise and desire seasonal foods to feel its best. This red cabbage salad is the perfect meal to have to nourish and cleanse the body and get rid of excess liquid and weight. We all want to look and feel great in summer, and this salad will do exactly that! Try eating a salad a day, full of rich nutrients, and you’ll be able to see for yourself the fantastic benefits it will bring you. You can start this challenge with this salad!
Ingredients to prepare red cabbage salad:
- 1 cup red cabbage shredded
- 1 cup Chinese cabbage shredded
- 1 cucumber cut into matchsticks
- 1 tablespoon basil minced
- 1 cup rocket shredded
- Sea salt
- Brown rice vinegar
- Toasted sesame seeds
- Ume vinegar
1. Place all the vegetables into a bowl.
2. Add a little salt and mix through the vegetables.
3. Place a plate and a weight on top of the salad. Leave for about 15 minutes.
4. Remove the weight and discard any excess liquid.
5. Place the sesame seeds into a suribachi (mortar and pestle) and crush until it becomes a powder.
6. Add the brown rice and ume vinegars, and a little water.
7. Mix well and add to the salad. Serve and enjoy!