PROTECTION AND CARE FOR SAFE TANNING
Summer comes and the exposure of sunlight on the skin increases. The skin has cell memory and accumulates the hours of sun exposure year after year. This exposure damages the cell structure as well as the solar capital of each particular person (the amount of radiation that someone can withstand) genetically determined at birth.
genetically determined at birth solar capital of each person (the amount of radiation that can withstand).
The sun has its dark side: the ultraviolet rays that damage the skin. These can be divided into UVA and UVB. UVA rays are responsible for tanning but also for the photo aging and degradation of collagen and elastic fibers. UVB rays bring the golden tan and cause pigmentation, but can also cause sunburn or burns that can cause serious alterations at the cellular level after a few years.
We must dispense with bronzers of very low sun exposure index if we want to maintain a young and healthy skin. It’s one of the most common mistakes and our skin will suffer the consequences with premature wrinkling skin.
Be careful with the weakest points!
- The eyelids – skin around the eyes is very thin and has few sebaceous glands, so the use of protective total screen is recommended.
- Neck – sunburn may apperar if we don’t use an adequate protection. We recommend progressive sunbathing, starting with 30 min, increasing it gradually.
- The skin spots – they are a skin melanin alteration.
Food for an Ideal prevention:
- It’s advisable to start taking them two weeks before sun exposure.
- Vegetables such as spinach and celery are rich in potassium, which moisturizes the skin.
- The active beta-carotene stimulates the tan and pigmentation. You can find it in foods like carrots, cantaloupe, watermelon and blackberries.
- Vitamin E is an antioxidant that slows the appearance of wrinkles.
- Trace elements reinforce the fight against free radicals.
- Hydration: a well hydrated skin looks smooth and fluffy. That’s why we should drink about two liters of water or juice to offset the dryness of long sun exposure.
1,2,3… healthy tanning!
• We can exfoliate skin to unify the color and remove dead cells.
• Hair removal must be made at least 24 hours before sun exposure.
• Moisturizing body lotions, butters and oils with natural active ingredients that are of good quality that moisturize and prepare for sun exposure.
• You must use appropriate filters depending on skin type: tanned, very tanned, sensitive, mature, childish skin, etc. and each of them has special needs
we have to cover with sunscreen.
• Sunscreens incorporate in their formulation physical and chemical filters. Physical filters are made from minerals such as titanium dioxide forming a thin reflective layer on the skin, rejecting solar radiation for reflection effect.
Chemical sunscreens act by integration into the skin. In our boutique there are high quality sunscreens whose chemicals are microencapsulated so that their use will be safe for our skin.
Now you know our advices for protection and care for safe tanning, put them into practice and enjoy the summer!