Nutrition: what it is and how to eat healthy
Healthy eating, along with exercise, is fundamental to achieving optimal physical and mental fitness. Diet is one of the cornerstones of any healthy life plan, which is why it’s worth going to see a nutritionist who can recommend which foods are best for you. A nutritional expert will undoubtedly give you useful tips to adapt your food consumption to the specific needs of your body and your lifestyle.
We share some recommendations from these specialists below.
Good nutritional habits
First, nutritionists recommend some habits related to guidelines for healthy eating. We’re not talking about foods and proportions, but in general how to plan our nutrition. Take note, because this is interesting.
– Establish fixed meal times that your body can get used to.
– Try to eat five meals a day. Three main meals and two snacks. The idea is to not be starving when it’s time for the main meals, so you will consume fewer calories.
– In terms of your main meals, you should consume fewer calories in each one as the day progresses.
– You have to stay well hydrated, so it is important to drink between eight and ten glasses of water each day.
– Relax at meal times. And make sure to chew your food well enough, which will facilitate digestion and help you gain less weight.
What foods are best?
Now that we know about some good nutritional habits, let’s talk about some foods that should be included in any diet. Pay attention.
– Consume foods that give you energy, like foods rich in carbohydrates, during the hours of the day when you are most active.
– At night, when our body begins its restorative processes, it’s best to eat foods that are rich in protein and healthy fats.
– Ideally, eat between 5 and 7 portions of fruits and vegetables each day, because vegetables contain lots of nutrients that are essential for your body.
– As much as possible, avoid foods with saturated fats, fried foods, refined sugars, sugary foods and alcoholic beverages.
– Olive oil should be used as a dressing in many of your meals because of its antioxidant properties.
– Eating fish (especially oily fish) twice a week is very good for you.
Ultimately, following a healthy diet is the essential first step to feeling physically and mentally well, so we encourage you to go see a nutritionist.
If you’d like to get started with a healthy life plan, at SHA Wellness Clinic we have the Detox Program and the Fitness Program which include a consultation with a nutritional expert and monitoring while you are at the clinic. These programs will help you achieve greater vitality and adopt healthy life habits.