Natural remedies for diabetes
Every year new cases of diabetes are diagnosed in our country. There are about 26 million people suffering from it. In case of diabetes II, in which insulin or oral agents aren’t administered and in which eating habits are especially important, it’s essential to keep proper levels of sugar in blood because this can become a danger for health.
That’s why we present some natural remedies for diabetes so you can keep this condition under control.
- Eat only natural sugar from fruits and vegetables.
- Eliminate sugar, honey and fructose from your diet.
- Get food rich in fiber as whole grains, fruits and vegetables because they reduce cholesterol and triglycerides levels. They provide satiation and slow down digestion and foods absorption.
- Make 5-6 meals daily and keep a fixed schedule to avoid hyperglycemia and hypoglycemia situations.
- Make regular exercise. This will help you control overweight and regulate sugar in blood.
- Take the follow medicinal plants in consideration: they can help reducing blood sugar levels:
– Eucalyptus: It helps lower blood sugar and urine levels.
– Salvia: It stimulates the bile secretion and reduces the content of glucose in blood.
– Green Nettle: It increases pancreatic insulin secretion.
– Bean pods: They reduce the glucose and urine levels.
With these four medicinal herbs you can prepare an infusion and drink it 3 times a day. It can be can be sweetened with stevia because, in addition of provide sweet flavour, it increases glucose tolerance.
Food is one of the main pillars of people’s health and even more for those with diabetes. A healthy and balanced diet can help us face the day with energy and courage. Follow our healthy, nutrition, wellness and natural therapies tips that will help you bring this new phase of your life. At SHA Wellness Clinic we will be happy to collaborate with your maximum comfort.