Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy
What is oxygen therapy?
Hyperbaric oxygen therapy is a therapeutic treatment that consists of the administration of pure oxygen (O2) at greater concentrations than those found in the air we breathe, with the intention of increasing the dissolved oxygen gas supplied to the tissues.
The oxygen therapy has been used for decades by hyperbaric medicine to treat certain diseases naturally and in recent years it is also used as a natural source of beauty and wellness.
Thanks to hyperbaric oxygen therapy, blood transports 20 times more oxygen than through our usual respiration. In addition, instead of being carried by the red cells, the oxygen circulates free in the blood and goes into zones where normally the oxygen we breathe does not reach , increasing blood oxygen levels and improving the overall functioning of our body.
How does oxygen therapy work?
The person is connected to a machine that produces pure oxygen through a mask through which breathing air with greater amount of dissolved oxygen. In many places the oxygen treatment is known as “oxygen bar“.
What are the benefits of oxygen therapy?
– Improves breathing and helps clear the lungs, so it is especially recommended for people who are trying to quit smoking
– Provides energy and vitality
– Activates our immune system
– Stimulates blood circulation
– Reduces headaches and stress levels
– Enhances the natural beauty of our skin: it helps to reduce and even eliminate wrinkles and fine lines, smoothes skin blemishes, naturally hydrates, stimulates collagen production, and so on.
How long does a session of oxygen treatment?
It is recommended that oxygen therapy sessions last about 20 minutes, once a day during several days, preferably combined with a healthy diet and other Detox treatments that holistically contribute to improving the health of our body and mind.