How to prepare healthy burgers: Rice and Bean Burger
We’re always excited to present you with healthy vegetable burger alternatives, such as the millet, tofu, and carrot and legumes burger recipes we’ve created for you before. Eating healthily does not mean you can’t enjoy the foods you love from time to time. It simply means that we can find alternatives to the conventional ingredients to create a dish that is better for your health and your wellbeing. Because we know everyone loves a good burger, today’s recipe is a delicious rice and bean burger for you to try and taste the goodness for yourself.
- 2 cups of cooked brown rice
- 1 cup of cooked kidney beans
- 1 red onion
- 1 garlic
- 1 tsp grounded cumin
- 1 nutmeg
- Fresh parsley
- Fresh oregano
- Chop and sauté the red onion and garlic with a pinch of salt, to remove the water from the onion.
- Put cooked rice and beans in a bowl, add the cumin, nutmeg powder, fresh chopped oregano and parsley, pepper and the sautéd onion and garlic.
- Mash the mixture thoroughly with the hands, then shape into burgers and place on a tray.
- Heat a tbsp of sesame oil in a frying pan and fry the burgers.
They can be served in bread (preferably spelt or rye bread) or eat them with fork and knife with a summer salad.