Home remedies for constipation
What is constipation? Constipation is an illness or discomfort with the lack of regular movement of our intestinal system that makes our bowels not to be empty when it is due. In our society, constipation is increasingly common due to our sedentary lifestyle and wrong eating, with lack of liquids and fiber. In addition, some situations such as travel and movements (and subsequent changes in water and food), times of stress or pregnancy often also cause constipation.
It is also important to know that constipation can also be caused by some other disease such as thyroid, menopause, bowel obstruction or inflammation of the liver and gallbladder.
The most common symptoms of constipation are stomach pain, abdomen inflammation bloating and swelling feeling caused by not going to the bathroom. Usually doctors consider that a person is constipated when not going to the bathroom in 3 or 4 days, but the best thing for our health is to go to the bathroom at least once a day.
To prevent constipation, Yvonne Rojas -expert in colon function- primarly recommends a colon flush or colon hydrotherapy, a natural therapy that helps to eliminate the accumulated faeces in our intestines by applying water at different temperatures.
However, you can also fall back on some home remedies for constipation that will help us go to the bathroom regularly and will avoid those pesky stomach pains, both to us and to the many kids and babies who suffer from baby constipation and we can relief them with some of these tricks and tips for constipation relief.
Natural Remedies for Constipation:
- Stop consuming dairy. Dairy products cause constipation. For this and for many other reasons, it is good to substitute cow’s milk for almond milk, rice milk or oat milk, much more digestible and healthy.
- Reduce salt intake, since hypertension can also lead constipation.
- Recieve a shiatsu massage or lymphatic drainage to stimulate bowel movement naturally. And if you prefer to do it from home, you can always rub the belly with olive oil in a circular motion.
- Eating natural papaya regularly or natural supplements made by fermented papaya as Immunage. Papaya is one of the most popular natural remedies for constipation.
- Replace white bread with whole grain bread, refined pasta and flours by whole grains for a healthy diet, because they provide more fiber and make our digestive system to work harder and better.
- Eating vegetables high in fiber like cabbage. The cabbage has large amounts of insoluble fiber to stimulate the movement of our intestines and facilitate evacuation
- Drink about 2 liters of water daily
In addition, we recommend daily moderate exercise and try to train our gut: make our body get used to go to the bathroom at a specific time, for example, after breakfast, to habituate our colon.
If we suffer occasional constipation we can use linseed (flax seeds), all natural laxative. We can take them in a infusion, macerating them in hot water for 12 hours, intaking a linseed oil spoon or even mixing the linseed directly in some soup or vegetables cream.
It is not advisable to use artificial chemical laxatives because they may adversely affect our intestinal flora and reach cause dependence.
If you suffer from chronic constipation it is best to visit a specialist to help you, but all these remedies will surely help you, especially the colon flush, as it will be helpful to remove accumulated feces.
Hopefully these tips to avoid constipation will be useful to you. If you have any more, please share them with us in the comments!
At our SHA boutique, you can find a 100% natural supplement: Maax Redux, indicated to improve digestive health and promote weight loss.