Hearty Detox Soup for the Fall
Fall is around the corner and it’s time to start preparing more detoxing recipes adapted to the new season. The Nutrition expert, Melanie Waxman, has shared this hearty detox soup recipe that promotes vitality, strengthens the blood and helps calm emotions.
- 1 carrot finely sliced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin cut into small pieces
- 1 onion diced
- 1/2 cup cabbage finely sliced
- 1 celery stalk finely sliced
- 4-6 cups water
- 1-2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 3 cm strip wakame rinsed and sliced
- 1 heaping teaspoon barley rice miso
- 1 heaping teaspoon white miso
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon parsley finely chopped
- Place the oil in a pan and heat.
- Add the onion and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the carrot and continue to sauté.
- Cover with water and bring to a boil.
- Add the pumpkin, cabbage and celery and continue to cook until the vegetables become soft – 10 minutes or so.
- Add the rest of the water and wakame.
- Return to a boil and simmer for a few minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the diluted misos and fresh ginger.
- Mix gently and serve garnished with parsley.