Healthy snacks to take to work!
Snacking healthily can be tricky sometimes if you don’t have healthy snacks at hand. That’s when we tend to reach out for processed and sugar-laden energy bars or any other processed snack which isn’t going to give the nutrition your body requires to have energy to power you through the day. With a little planning and inspiration, there are many different healthy snacks that you can take with you to work so you can nourish your body in the right way.
- Dates: If you feel like having something sweet, dates are your go-to snack. With one or two, your sweet cravings will be satisfied and you’ll also be giving your body the essential vitamins, antioxidants, minerals and dietary fibre it needs. Dates are rich in iron, potassium, and calcium, amongst other minerals. They are also a rich source of antioxidants.
- Nuts and seeds are a great source of energy and healthy fats. If you’re feeling hungry in-between meals, eat a handful of nuts of your choice. In fact, you can mix a few together to get a variety of nutrients and tastes. Walnuts are great to have whilst working as they are good for brain function and they give you energy!
- Sliced apples with nut butter is a delicious and easy snack to make. You simply need to cut apples into slices and spread the nut butter of your choice on the apple slices. It’s tasty, filling and very nutritious!
- Goji berries are a millenary Chinese fruit rich in antioxidants, iron, phytonutrients and vitamins. They’re known for their ability to combat aging. They have a sweet taste that combines perfectly with nuts and seeds.
- Homemade energy bars: instead of buying the store-bought ones that are highly processed and full of refined sugars, you can make your own at home. It’s easy to make and if you make them once a week in a large batch, they’ll last you through the week. Try this healthy homemade recipe!
- Avocado dip with crudités vegetables. Mash some avocado, squeeze some lemon or lime on it, salt pepper, mix it well, and you’ve got yourself an avocado dip. Cut some vegetables like carrots, celery and cucumbers into crudités and dip them into the avocado dip. A healthy, nutritious and delicious snack!
- Chia seed pudding: If you’re feeling a little hungrier, why not have chia seed pudding? Try this delicious recipe!
- Fruit: having a piece of fruit mid-morning is an easy snack option. Whether it’s a banana, apple, or berries., they’re all a great snack to have!
- Drink herbal teas. This might not sound like a snack, but actually, hydrating yourself keeps you less hungry. Many times when we feel hungry, we’re actually dehydrated. Therefore, drink herbal teas throughout the day, and if you still feel hungry, have a healthy snack as well!
As you can see, all these snacks are easy to make and take with you. By snacking healthily, you’ll have much more energy and vitality!