Healthy recipe: Spelt salad
Healthy summer recipes: Spelt salad
One of the main requirements for cooking in summer is that the recipes have to be easy to prepare; that is why today we show you how to prepare a refreshing spelt salad that will become one of your favourite recipes of the season.
Ingredients for the salad:
- 500 gr of Spelt: A cereal that is well known for improving the blood flow.
- 600 gr of Celery: Noted for helping in the reduction of cholesterol and for being specially recommended in slimming diets.
- 900 gr of Carrot: Helps in the prevention of skin aging.
- 900 gr of Zucchini: Its high water content makes the zucchini one of the most diuretic vegetables.
- 700 gr of Cauliflower: Highly suitable for the care of cardiovascular health.
- 600 gr of Broccoli: Recommended for the prevention of colon cancer.
- 800 gr of red Onion: Helps in the regulation of blood sugar levels.
- 10 gr of Mint: Promotes the digestive processes and fights against the bad breath.
- 15 gr of Almonds: Recommended in stress periods due to its relaxing properties for the organism.
- 400 gr of Corn: Noted for helping in the cleaning and purification of the kidneys and for lowering the blood pressure.
- 50 ml of Brown Rice vinegar: Prevents the formation of fat accumulations.
- 50 ml of Umeboshi vinegar: A powerful blood alkalizing that help us in the increase of the organism defenses.
- 200 gr of Alfalfa sprouts: Helpful in the strengthening of the lungs against the bronchitis.
Preparation of the salad:
- Boil the spelt.
- Cut the vegetables in small dices and blanch them.
- Sautée the onion with ecologic olive oil and mix all the ingredients.
- Dress the salad with aromatic herbs, almonds, oil and the vinegars.
Prepare this delicious spelt salad in only 30 minutes and enjoy its incredible and intense flavor. You will love it!