Healthy Recipe: Pesto Sauce
Pesto sauce is probably the most famous and liked Italian recipe. It’s hard not to like this delicious sauce. The traditional recipe contains parmesan cheese, however, this vegan version, has substituted it with white miso. Whilst it may not seem like the outcome will be the same, we can guarantee that it’s equally as good. And the best part is that you’ll digest it better and as a result, you’ll feel much better.
Pesto sauce is very versatile as it can be combined with many different dishes. The most common way to combine it is with pasta. However, you can add it to many other dishes. You can season salads, add to risottos, cold pasta, grains or legumes salads and even as a dressing on fish and as a side sauce to tapas. We also recommend adding it to this delicious zoodles recipe. If you haven’t heard of what zoodles are, they’re vegetable pasta made from courgettes. Since it’s plant-based and gluten free, it’s very light and easy to digest and when combined with the fresh pesto sauce, it’s delicious!
It’ll add flavor to any dish!
Try this vegan version of pesto. You’ll be very pleased with the results!
- 100g of fresh basil
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tablespoons of Shiro Miso
- 40g of toasted pine nuts (you can also use walnuts or cashews)
- 100mL of extra virgin olive oil
- Mix all the ingredients in a large recipient, except for the olive oil.
- Slowly add the olive oil into the mixture as you hand blend all the other ingredients.
- Blend all the ingredients until they turn into a smooth and unified pesto sauce.