Healthy Recipe: Mushrooms with Tofu Sauce
Mushrooms provide several important nutrients. They are low in sodium, fat, cholesterol, and calories. It’s important though to distinguish between poisonous mushrooms and safe for consumption, specially when we collect them ourselves from the countryside.
Tofu has a very high content in protein, amino acids and it’s ideal for those who suffer diseases of the circulatory system because of its total absence of cholesterol.
Today we want to share with you this healthy recipe with which you will get enough energy for all day due to the perfect combination of mushrooms and tofu. Dare to prepare it at home because besides of being healthy it’s really original!
- Olive oil
- Mushrooms – 6 cups of various kinds finely sliced
- Carrots – 1- 2 cut into matchsticks
- Lemon juice
- Sesame seeds
- Sea Salt
Ingredients for Sauce
- Tofu – 1/4 block
- Ume Plum vinegar – 1-2 tablespoons
- Mirin – 1 tablespoon
- Shoyu – Few drops
- Water – ¼ cup
- Wrap the tofu in a towel and place a weight on top to remove excess moisture.
- Blend with the rest of the sauce ingredients until smooth and creamy.
- Add more seasoning and water if necessary. It should be thick like mayonnaise. Let sit to combine flavors.
- Warm the skillet and add the oil.
- Add the carrot and a pinch of sea salt, and sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the mushrooms and continue to sauté for about 5 minutes. You can add a little water if necessary.
- Season with a little more salt and lemon juice. Continue to sauté for another minute or so.
- Add the sesame seeds and mix through.
- Serve with the tofu plum sauce.
You will love this recipe of mushrooms with tofu plum sauce! Give it a try!