Healthy recipe: Lemon cashew cream
Lemon cashew cream is the perfect cream topping to add to any cake of your choice, like this delicious carrot cake. It’s a healthy twist to the conventional cream that comes in most cakes. You’ll be able to enjoy it guilt-free and knowing that all the ingredients are natural and good for your health. If you’re planning a dinner party and want to surprise your guests with a delicious cake, this cream will give any cake the creamy and sweet touch you’re looking for. Your guests won’t even notice that it’s dairy and refined sugar free. Surprise them!
- 2 cups cashews, soaked overnight
- 2 ½ tsps lemon zest
- ½ cup almond milk
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch sea salt
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.
- Spread the cream in a uniform layer on any cake of your choice.
- The lemon cashew cream can also be combined with fruit, pies, crumbles or crisps.
- If you want to give the cream a different flavor, you can also substitute the lemon zest with orange zest.