Healthy recipe: Green cream with crunchy carrot
Delicious recipe of vegetable cream with crunchy carrot
Today we show you how to prepare a simple and, at the same time, delicious green cream with crunchy carrot.Creams have become one of the best and easiest options when cooking for vegetable lovers and, in this case, our recipe is a healthy dinner that you will love because of its flavor.
Ingredients for preparing the green cream:
- Broccoli – A vegetable with huge anti cancer properties, rich in beta-carotene, vitamin C and iron.
- Snow Peas – A variety of pea original from the Mediterranean Basin, high in folic acid, calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Fennel – An aromatic herb with diuretic properties and minerals like calcium, iron and magnesium.
- Zucchini – This is one of the vegetables with higher water content (93%); it is also rich in minerals and trace elements, as well as potassium, magnesium and calcium.
- Extra virgin olive oil – one of the greatest values of Mediterranean cuisine; rich in polyphenols, vitamin E, and monounsaturated fats, that helps the maintenance of cholesterol levels, as well as antioxidants.
Ingredients for preparing the crunchy carrot :
- Carrot – One of the most prized vegetables because of their high level of carotene, Vitamin A and Vitamin E.
- Sunflower oil – this kind of oil is low in saturated fat oil and it becomes a great source of Omega 6 acid.
- Arrowroot – Also known as SAGU, hypoallergenic flour or arrowroot, it contains high levels of protein and it is well known for its high digestibility.
Preparation of the cream :
- Cut all the ingredients into large pieces and sauté them in a pan with olive oil and a bit of salt, over high heat for 10 minutes.
- Cover it with water and let it simmer for 20 minutes.
- Grind the result and pass it through a fine strainer.
Preparation of the crunchy carrot :
- Boil the carrot and reduce it to purée; then add the arrowroot and mix it with the Thermomix .
- Pour the mixture into the pastry bag and fry in oil until crisp.