Healthy recipe: Fish and vegetable pie with mixed salad
Summer recipe: Fish and vegetable pie
Meetings with family and friends are one of the best summer plans and for helping you to surprise them, today we show you how to prepare a recipe that everybody will be excited about: a delicious healthy recipe of fish and vegetable pie with mixed salad. Everyone will love it!
Ingredients for the pie dough:
- 750 gr. of Wholemeal spelt flour: The spelt is well known for its digestibility and for helping to improve the blood flow.
- 100 ml. of Sunflower oil: Known for its great antioxidant properties and for being beneficial for the sight.
- A pinch of Salt: Necessary for helping our organism in the nutrients’ absorption.
- 150 ml. of Water: Water is the priority element on the living beings’ organism, so it is really important to complete a healthy diet.
Ingredients for the fish and vegetable filling:
- 2 kg. of White fish: This kind of fish contains a large amount of very digestible nutrients and high quality proteins.
- 1kg. of Leeks: Promotes a proper blood circulation and helps to reduce the cholesterol and in the treatment of the constipation.
- 800 gr. of Onions: Helps in the regulation of body functions and in the prevention of fluid retention.
- 600 gr. of Carrots: Helps in the maintenance of intestinal health and promotes a good sight.
Elaboration of the recipe:
- Mix all the dough ingredients and work with them until you get the desired consistency.
- Cut the vegetables of the dough into thin slices and sautée them for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and add the fish minced.
- Mix the vegetables with the fish to fill the pie dough.
- Form the pie in a stainless steel mold and bake it for 20 minutes at 180º.
- Serve the fish and vegetable pie with the mixed salad.