HEALTHY RECIPE: CUMIN SEED AND CORN SOUP
Today we present a recipe of cumin seed and corn soup. Corn provides protein, fiber and minerals such as potassium and vitamin A. Cumin, it’s a plant that helps the digestive system and settles the stomach. These ingredients make it not only delicious but a healthy recipe. Relish it slowly, enjoying the ingredients that clamber for your attention in every spoonful of this flavourful soup. Don’t wait any longer to try it!
- 4-6 cups spring water
- 1 onion cut into half moons
- 1 cup fresh or frozen organic corn kernels
- 1 clove garlic sliced
- 1/2 cup fresh coriander (cilantro) or parsley finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons cumin seeds
- 1 tablespoon brown rice miso
- 2 tablespoons white miso
- ½-1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Coriander sprigs for garnish
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- Warm the oil in a pan, and add the cumin seeds. Sauté until the seeds begin to crackle.
- Add the garlic and onion, and continue to sauté for a few minutes.
- Add the water and kombu, and bring to a boil. Remove the kombu.
- Add the parsley, turmeric, and the sweet corn.
- Dilute the miso in a little water until smooth and pureed.
- Simmer for a 5 minutes and add the diluted miso. Turn off the flame and let sit for a few minutes.
- Serve garnished with springs of coriander and grated ginger.
We hope you enjoyed this simple, delicious and healthy recipe and you feel encouraged to prepare it!