Healthy recipe: Cold beetroot soup
We are having a sizzling summer and high temperatures affect everyone. During these days what we eat can help stabilize our body temperature, moisturize our skin and increase our energy and vitality. That’s why we present a healthy recipe of cold beetroot soup from the book La alimentación natural y energética – Montse Bradford, which is fresh and easy to prepare. It’s a natural recipe without lactose, gluten and sugar free that we recommend to elaborate with fresh organic ingredients when possible to take advantages of all the nutrients.
Ingredients ( 2- 4 people)
- 2 onions
- 5 carrots
- 1/2 cooked beetroot
- ½ cloved garlic, minced
- ½ teaspoon of basil
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin oil
- Sea salt
- 2 y ½ cups of water
- 2 tablespoons umeboshi vinegar
- 3 tablespoons of concentrate apple juice
- 1 cucumber cut into cubes
- Toasted bread into cubes
- Sauté the onions, garlic and a pinch of salt with oil for 12 minutes.
- Add carrots, dried basil and water.
- Cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- Incorporate the beetroot and make purée.
- Add the vinegar and apple juice.
- Let it cool and decorate it with toasted bread cubes.
Forget about heat with this cold beet soup that besides being healthy it is delicious!