Healthy recipe: Chia Pudding
Chia pudding has become a very popular breakfast option not because of its numerous health benefits, but also because it’s really easy to make and to take on-the-go. What makes it so easy is that you can prepare it the night before, store it in a jar and take it with you in the morning.
Chia seeds contain 2 times the amount of potassium in bananas, 3 times more antioxidants than blueberries, 3 times more iron than spinach, 2 times more protein than any other seed, 5 times more calcium than milk. In addition, they are a source of magnesium, copper, niacin, zinc and other vitamins.
These small seeds originating from South America are considered to provide a great source of energy. As a matter of fact, their name “chia” is the ancient Mayan word for “strength”. A superfood at its best!
Chia pudding makes a great energizing breakfast to fuel you through the morning. Once you find out how easy it is to make, you’ll want to try it out yourself! The best part is that you can choose what ingredients to add, as long as you stick to the main recipe, everything else is optional.
- 4 tablespoons of chia seeds
- 1 cup of plant-based milk (almond, oat, hazelnut, soy)
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup (or as much as you prefer)
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon powder
- Nut butter
- Fruits of your choice
- Seeds and nuts of your choice
- Simply mix the chia seeds and milk in a bowl and set aside for 2-3 minutes and then mix again and leave aside for another 2-3 minutes.
- Add the syrup and cinnamon powder and any other ingredients of your choice.
- Mix it all up and put into a small jar or in a bowl covered in cling film and store in the fridge until you eat it.
- Add all the toppings of your choice before eating it and enjoy!
Make sure to try this delicious and easy breakfast!