Healthy Recipe: Brown rice with green asparagus
Today, as every Thursday, we present a simple and healthy recipe that you can prepare at home. Today’s menu: brown rice with green asparagus.
Green asparagus are low a calorie food, rich in potassium, vitamins A,C,E and folate, which is perfect for pregnant women as it helps the correct fetal development. It’s also a powerful antioxidant and its high content in water and fiber provide a diuretic and laxative effect.
Green asparagus combined with brown rice make a delicious combination: You will feel satisfied while eating healthy. In addition, you can always change the ingredients and adapt them to your personal taste. A great substitute for brown rice is barley, with which you will get a very detoxifying recipe.
Ingredients (3-4 servings)
- 1 bunch of green asparagus
- 1 cup of brown rice
- 2 leek, finely chopped
- 2 cups of water
- ½ cups of corn
- Fresh basil finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon of extra olive oil
- Sea salt
- Wash the rice and boil with water and a pinch of sea salt for 45 minutes.
- Clean the asparagus removing the hard parts and chop the stems.
- Sauteé the leeks with the olive oil and the sea salt for 5 minutes.
- Add the asparagus and corn. Sauteé for 5 more minutes.
- Add the cooked rice. Mix carefully adding the fresh basil.
Dare to prepare this delicious recipe and incorporate it to your healthy diet!
SOURCE: Bradford, Montse. La alimentación natural y energética. 17ª Edition. Barcelona: Editorial Océano, S.L., 2015. Pág. 312.