Healthy recipe: Barley salad
You will love the fresh and energetic salad recipe we have today!
It’s perfect for summer time and really easy to prepare. Besides, it will help you feel much better due to the digestive, detoxifying and restorative barley properties.
Are you ready for this barley salad? Let’s start!
Ingredients ( 2 – 3 people)
- 1 cup barley (previously soaked for a couple of hours).
- 2 ½ cups of water.
- 2 carrots cut into squares.
- A handful of chopped green beans.
- 2 tablespoons chopped olives.
- 3 tablespoons of lightly toasted sunflower seeds.
- 2 bay leaves.
- Sea salt.
- Tofu mayonnaise.
Ingredients for decoration
- Some roasted red pepper strips.
- Cucumber and olives slices.
- Put he barley in a pot.
- Add water, sea salt and the bay leaf.
- Cover and cook it on a low heat until water evaporates.
- Boil carrots and green beans for 4 minutes.
- Wash them and mix with the cooked barley, the seeds, olives and some tofu mayonnaise to make the shape of a cake.
- Cover the cake with more tofu mayonnaise.
- Decorate it with the cucumber, pepper and olives on top.
* This recipe is also great if you use brown rice instead of barley.
Now you know this healthy recipe of barley salad, we encourage you to prepare it and taste a fresh, healthy and flavourful dish!