Healthy French Toasts
Probably you know the popular french toasts and, if you haven’t tried them yet, at least have heard about their popularity and their incredible flavor. They were originally created by the owner of a tavern in New York named Joseph French, hence the name. It’s a perfect recipe for breakfast because they are sweet and soft. Today we want to present a healthy French Toasts vegan version that is delicious too. It’s based on tofu and you’ll definitely love it. Get ready to prepare them!
Ingredients (2-4 serves)
- Sourdough bread – 4 slices
- Soft Tofu – ½ cake
- Mustard – 2 teaspoons
- Brown rice miso – 1 tablespoon
- Tahini paste – 1 tablespoon
- Sesame oil – 2 tablespoon
- Water – 1 cup
- Sea salt – Pinch
- Place the tofu, miso, mustard, tahini paste, salt and water in a blender and blend until smooth.
- Remove and place on a large plate.
- Turn the bread over and allow to stand for a further 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the frying pan over a high heat for a few seconds and add the oil.
- When the oil is hot, lower the hear to medium and add the bread.
- Cover and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Turn over and fry the other side for a further 3 minutes.
- Remove from the frying pan and serve.
Now that you know this vegan version of healthy French oasts, we encourage you to prepare them and start the day with this delicious healthy treat!