Healthy Carrot Cake recipe
Carrot cake is many people’s favorite treat. However, many people don’t eat it because of the great amount of sugars and butter. That’s why we present a this Healthy Carrot Cake version, which is sugar free! In addition of enjoying its incredible texture and flavor, you will feel guilty-free. Try it, you’ll fall in love!
- Whole wheat pastry flour – 1 cup
- Chestnut flour – 1 cup
- Baking powder – 1 tbsp
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Cinnamon – 2 tsps
- Nutmeg – ½ tsp
- All-spice – ½ tsp
- Ground Ginger – 1 tsp
- Coconut oil – ½ cup
- Maple syrup – 2/3 cup
- Soy milk – 2/3 cup
- Vanilla extract – 2 tsps
- Sea salt – ½ tsp
- Grated carrot – 2 cups
- Pineapple, crushed – ½ cup
- Walnuts, toasted and chopped – 1 cup
- Preheat the oven to 350ºC .
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, spices and salt into a bowl.
- Mix oil, maple syrup, soy milk, and vanilla extract in a bowl with a whisk.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients to form a batter.
- Add the walnuts, carrots and pineapple and mix gently.
- Pour the batter into 2 oiled cake tins and bake for 25-30 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Garnish with grated carrot.
We hope you’ve enjoyed this Carrot cake healthy recipe. We’d love to read your comments!
Learn this and other recipes in our healthy cooking classes!