Healthy Blueberry Dessert
At SHA Wellness Clinic, we take great pleasure in enjoying a delicious dessert. Instead, we swap a few ingredients around to make a healthier version that is actually good for you and will not cause weight-gain, hormonal imbalances and digestive issues.
This blueberry swirl is light enough to have after dinner, when you fancy something sweet. It will satisfy your taste buds and impress your guests!
- 4 cups blueberry juice
- 2 cups spring water
- 6 tablespoons agar agar flakes
- 1 packet blueberries
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup
- 1 teaspoon chia seeds (optional)
- Put the juice and agar flakes into a saucepan.
- Bring to boil on a medium heat and simmer for 15 minutes or until the agar flakes have dissolved.
- Add the rice syrup and mix gently.
- Remove from heat and place in a dish to cool and set.
- When it firms up, process in a blender until smooth and creamy.
- Place in individual glasses and swirl amasake and sprinkle some blueberries and chia seeds on top. Serve chilled.