Halloween recipe: pumpkin cream
Fall recipe: Pumpkin cream
Nowadays, there is an international growth of Halloween festivity all over the world. Halloween is an American festivity held the night of 31st October, eve of All Saints, and the quintessential vegetable for these days is pumpkin. As many of you you will use empty pumpkins to decorate for Halloween, we thought of sharing a recipe for Halloween that allows you to make the most of its interior: a tasty and healthy pumpkin cream as a Halloween special recipe.
Health properties of pumpkin
- Pumpkin helps regulate sugar levels in the body by stimulating the pancreas
- The pumpkin is actively involved in the process of detoxification of the body and helps eliminate accumulated mucosities
- Pumpkin helps regulate intestinal flora and fights constipation
- For its high content of beta carotene and alfa carotene, pumpkin improves eyesight, the health of our skin and prevents cardiovascular diseases
- Pumpkin has lots of vitamin C and is a great source of potassium
Ingredients (for 10 servings approximately):
- 5 kilos pumpkin
- 500 grams of onion
- 500 grams of carrot
- 2 pieces of orange peel
- 2 pieces of lemon peel
- 150 ml of organic virgin olive oil
- 1 pack of nori seaweed
- 2 liters of balsamic vinegar
- 100 grams of rice syrup
Preparation of the pumpkin cream recipe:
- For the pumpkin cream: Peel and wash the onions, the pumpkin and carrots. Remove the skin of the orange and lemon. Chop the onion and carrot and sauté. Then add the pumpkin cut and cored. Add the citrus peel and add water until covering it. Boil and, once cooked, mash and fine it.
- For the crunchy nori: Cut into strips and once oil is hot, dip the seaweed for 10 seconds. Then move to a paper towel.
- For the reduction of balsamic vinegar: Put the vinegar and the syrup in a souté along with the fire until it has the right texture and the syrup has crystallized.
- How to serve: Place the pumpkin cream in a bowl decorate with the reduction of balsamic vinegar and place the crispy nori seaweed on top.