Fresh Pea and Mint Soup
In summer, we usually have problems for falling sleep due to the heat, so it is important to have lighter dinners. Our nutrition expert Melanie Waxman, has shared this delicious fresh pea and mint soup that helps you calm down and relax before bed. This recipe is very easy to prepare in no time at all. Try it!
- 4 cups fresh or frozen organic peas
- 1/2 head lettuce shredded
- 1 onion diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 inch piece of kombu rinsed
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1/2 cup mint leaves finely chopped
- Sea salt
- Pepper (optional)
- 4-6 cups spring water
- Mint for garnish
- Heat the oil in a pan and add the onions and garlic.
- Sauté for about 2 minutes and add the lettuce.
- Continue to sauté for a further minute.
- Add the peas and enough water to cover the vegetables.
- Add a pinch of sea salt.
- Bring to a boil and simmer on a low flame for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and add the mint leaves.
- Place in a blender and blend to a smooth puree.
- Place the puree back in the pan and warm. Add more water if desired.
- Season with salt and pepper. Cook for a minute on a low flame and mix gently.
- Serve garnished with mint.