DIY Coffee Scrub for Glowing Skin
The skin is the largest organ of the body, therefore, one that we must always remember to pamper and take care of. On an internal level, we should nourish the skin through a nutrient rich diet to boost our skin and give it that special glow. On a topical level, it is also important to take care of the skin.
One of the fundamental things you should be doing to have radiant skin that we tend to forget, is body scrubbing. Our skin is constantly renewing itself; therefore, we need to assist the skin renovation process through exfoliation. As a result, we get rid of the dead skin cells and give the new skin luminosity and uniformity.
Summer is the ideal time of year to exfoliate the skin as it is in this period where our skin suffers most from the exposure to the sun and dirt. Exfoliating the skin throughout the summer can help you get a lustrous and uniform tan, and it can help combat cellulite and liquid retention.
The great thing about exfoliations is that they’re super easy to make at home, and you probably already have all the ingredients you need in your own kitchen.
Benefits of exfoliating:
- Eliminates dead skin cells and leaves your skin soft and radiant.
- Activates blood circulation and the lymphatic system. Many women suffer from liquid retention and cellulite; therefore, frequent exfoliation can help get rid of excess liquid accumulated in the body and combat the evil cellulite nobody wants to have.
- Liberates toxins through the skin. Tip: the perfect time to exfoliate the skin to get rid of toxins is after exercising.
- Prepares the skin for the exposure to the sun and enhances the tan.
This homemade and natural scrub is very easy to make, and only uses natural ingredients which you can find in your own kitchen, and if not, they’re very easy to find.
- 1 cup of grounded coffee (you can recycle the one you use to make your morning coffee)
- 1 tablespoon of coconut or olive oil
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
Preparation and instructions:
Simply mix all of the ingredients in a small bowl and exfoliate your whole body (face to feet) in circular movements, and preferably towards the heart to activate the lymphatic system and blood circulation.
There’s no doubt that you will notice the difference, and if done with consistency, you’ll be able to see how your skin becomes softer, radiant and more toned.
There’s no time to waste…Let’s get exfoliating!
- Tips for healthy glowing skin
- Natural Skin Rejuvenation: Food, Home Remedies and Tips
- Benefits of natural cosmetics