Digital diet to prevent energy imbalances
Turning off your phone, computer or tablet during your summer holidays is a very healthy decision.
New technologies have made our lives easier in countless ways, but they can also lead to unhealthy energy imbalance. Amalia Rubio, head of the Energy Health Unit at SHA Wellness Clinic, explains. “The human body is driven by electric frequencies and overloading normal levels can lead to major alterations. We live in a digital age and are surrounded by waves (radio, television, telephone, bluetooth, 4G) that travel the Earth looking for a receiver. And, just like antennas, all living things emit and receive electromagnetic radiation”.
Exposure to these waves, however, is nothing new. As technology has advanced, homes have been filled with household appliances that produce electromagnetic fields, such as fridges, televisions, hairdryers and microwave ovens. “The body has been adapting to the progressive increase of this type of radiation, but today we live with electronic devices all the time and the frequencies are too high, which can distort intercellular communication and cause health problems”, says the bioenergy expert.
A great way to prevent that from happening is to use your summer holidays as a time to take a digital diet, following these tips from Amalia:
- try not to talk on the phone when you’re in areas with poor reception; your phone amps up the power to get a good signal.
- don’t carry your phone too close to your skin; the further away from your body, the better. A bag or backpack is a much better place for your phone than your pocket.
- use earphones to talk and if you use ones with a cable, even better.
- don’t keep your phone attached to your ear (which leads directly to your brain) for too long. Put it on speakerphone more and send more audio messages.
- if you use your phone as an alarm clock, put it on airplane mode while you sleep to cut down the frequencies a bit. Even if your phone is on silent, it will still vibrate and make noises that affect the nervous and cellular systems.
- disconnect your car’s bluetooth when you’re not talking on the phone, since it produces a lot of electromagnetic waves in a closed space.
- disconnect your router and Wi-Fi when you’re not using them.
With these simple digital health guidelines, your energy will flow freely and without interference for an optimal physical, mental and emotional balance.