Colorful Beet Hummus
Our expert in nutrition, Melanie Waxman, has shared this original version of the classic hummus recipe, which is distinguished for its vibrant colour and its anti-inflammatory properties. It is unique and you will be impressed for sure!
- 1 jar organic chickpeas drained – 15 ounces
- 2 beets rinsed
- ¼ cup tahini
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- Juice of 2 lemons
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- Finely chopped parsley or cilantro for garnish
To roast the beets
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees C.
- Trim the tops off the beets and cut into slices.
- Drizzle with olive oil and a little sea salt, and toss to coat the beets.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and place beets on top.
- Bake in the oven for 10minutes or until soft.
- Remove and allow to cool.
Making the hummus
- Place the beets, lemon juice, sea salt, garlic and olive oil into a blender. Blend until smooth.
- Add the tahini, cumin, and chickpeas.
- Contiue to blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place in a serving bowl and serve garnished with fresh herbs.
- Enjoy with raw vegetables like carrots, cucumbers, radishes, or celery.