Christmas Garnish Ideas
We want you to have a Healthy Christmas, with no excesses. For that reason we are suggesting these Christmas Garnish Ideas. They are quite different, but delicious and healthy at the same time!
The first of these Christmas Garnish Ideas is perfect to serve with meats, but it can also be served as a delicious dessert.
Poached Apples and Pears with Orange Sauce
- 1 pear, quartered
- 1 apple, quartered
- A pinch of sea salt
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cup pear juice
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tbsp grain coffee
- 1-2 tbsp hazelnuts
- 1 tbsp rice syrup
- 1 tsps kuzu diluted in a little cold water
- 1 tbsp chopped hazelnuts
- Place pears and apples in a pan, with the fruit juices and vanilla. Cover and cook the pears and apples for 3-5 minutes or until soft. Remove and place in a serving dish. Add the hazelnut butter, grain coffee and rice syrup to the juices and mix until well blended. Add the diluted kuzu and stir until the juice thickens. Pour the sauce over the fruit and serve garnished with chopped nuts.
The second of these Christmas Garnish Ideas is a fresh and light salad, perfect with fish.
Pear and Arugula Salad
- Olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 5 cups arugula, lightly blanched for a few seconds
- 1 Bosc pear, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp chopped unsalted walnuts or peanuts
- Whisk together the oil, lime juice, and soy sauce in a large bowl. Add arugula, pear and nuts; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
We encourage you to try these new Christmas Garnish Ideas and live a healthy Holiday season!