Chickpea curry recipe
Curry is not a spice itself, but a mixture of different spices like turmeric and ginger. It is widely used in Asian cuisine not only for its taste, but for the combination of all the properties. There are numerous dishes that can be prepared with this spice, mostly chicken and rice. Today we give a twist to the classic recipe and mix it with chickpeas!
Don’t miss this original chickpea curry recipe that will surprise you for the texture and incredible taste! Let’s start!
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 2-3 cups pumpkin cut into small chunks
- 1 small cauliflower cut into florets
- 1-2 cups spring water
- 1 bunch watercress chopped
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn
- 1 cup light coconut milk
- 1 tsp curry powder
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp coriander
- 1 tsp cumin
- ½ tsp sea salt, or to taste
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 tsp ginger, freshly grated
- 2 tbsp kuzu dissolved in cool water to cover
1. Put the onion and garlic into a pan and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for a minute or so.
2. Add the pumpkin and cover with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about 5 minutes.
3. Add the cauliflower, chickpeas, coconut milk, and seasonings. Return to a slow boil and
4. Cook until done for about 10 minutes more. Add the corn and mix through.
5. Add the diluted kuzu and stir to form a thick gravy consistency.
6. Add the watercress, mix gently and serve.
Enjoy this delicious recipe and don’t forget to share the result with us!
And remember that this and many other healthy recipes are available at our Healthy Cooking Classes at SHA Wellness!