Cocoa Energy Balls
Energy balls are one of the best snacks to take with you on the go to boost your energy levels and mood, as well as satisfy your sweet tooth!
They’re very easy to make, last a week when refrigerated and are the perfect mid-morning/afternoon snack. They’re vegan as well as gluten and sugar-free. The healthy fats boost your brain activity and energy and cacao is known for its mood boosting effects thanks to the tryptophan it contains.
Give this easy recipe a try and enjoy them as a sweet snack!
- 200g hazelnuts
- 400g medjool dates
- 4 tablespoons raw cocoa
- 2 ½ tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- Blend the hazelnuts in a food processor until they are finely crushed.
- Add the medjool dates (remove the pits) and coconut oil into the food processor and pulse until it’s fully mixed.
- Add the peanut butter and cocoa and mix again.
- Take a tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball.
- Repeat until you’ve used all the mixture.
- Leave in the freezer for 1 hour for them to firm up and then store in the fridge.