Buckwheat and vegetables Croquettes Recipe
Croquettes are a classic of the Spanish cuisine. Nevertheless, the ingredients used to prepare them are not always as healthy as they should. That’s why we present an alternative today: A deliciously healthy Buckwheat and vegetables Croquettes Recipe that specially children will love! They are easy to prepare, with ingredients that we usually have at home and perfect for a healthy dinner.
- 1 cup buckwheat
- 2 cups water
- Salt and Pepper
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1.5 cups grated, carrots
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 10 green olives, chopped
- 1 tbsp tahini paste (optional)
- 2 tbsp fresh basil or fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 heaped tsp dried herbs (oregano, basil, marjoram)
1. Bring the water to a boil in a saucepan. Add the salt and buckwheat. Return to a boil over a medium heat, and simmer over a low heat for 20 minutes until all the water has been absorbed.
2. Remove the lid from the pan and allow the buckwheat to cool.
3. Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil in a saucepan and fry the onions and garlic with a pinch of salt for about 3 minutes. Add the carrots and then the celery, and continue frying for a few minutes.
4. Add the vegetables to the buckwheat together with olives, dried herbs and fresh herbs. Mix thoroughly with your hands to form a dough. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
5. Take small amounts and form into croquettes with your hands. Repeat this process with the rest of the dough.
6. Heat olive oil in a pan and fry the croquettes for 3 minutes on each side until golden brown.
We hope you liked the recipe and dare to try it at home!