Berries & Teff Porridge
Porridge is a great breakfast meal to start the day with energy! Having complex cereals in the morning balances blood sugar and hormone levels, providing long lasting energy throughout the morning. The chef’s at SHA Wellness Clinic have created this easy, delicious and nourishing breakfast to start the day in full health and vitality!
- 1 cup teff
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1 cinnamon stick
- Pinch of salt
- ½ cup mix of pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds and fresh berries
- Once the teff has been rinsed, toast it in a cooking pot with the cinnamon stick for 5 minutes.
- Add water and once it starts to boil, add a pinch of salt and cover the pot with a lid and let it cook for 15-20 minutes. The teff must absorb all of the liquid.
- Get a pan out and toast all of the seeds until they turn golden.
- Add the rice milk into the cooking pot and stir in well, cover the pot and let it cook until the teff becomes soft. Then turn off the heat.
- Whilst the porridge rests with the lid on, chop the seeds and fresh berries.
- Serve the porridge in a bowl and sprinkle the toppings (seeds and berries) on top!