Beetroot gazpacho Recipe
Gazpacho is the typical summer Spanish course, normally prepared with tomatoes. But as tomatoes are not part of SHA diet, we reinvent this classic with a surprising ingredient… beetroot! This beetroot gazpacho recipe is really appropriate for summer hot days as it is refreshing and provides good energy.
Also its ingredients have lots of benefits:
Beetroot is a quite sweet product that helps lower blood pressure.
Cucumber is typical summer vegetable that refreshes and relaxes.
The vinegary point of this recipe helps metabolize fats and relieves the liver.
- 4 cucumbers
- 1 cooked beetroot
- 1 small fresh onion
- 1 clove of garlic
- Salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- Rice vinegar
- Sherry vinegar
Preparation for beetroot gazpacho recipe:
- Peel the cucumbers and take the seeds out with a spoon, then cut them up and put them in a bowl.
- Peel the beetroot, cut it up and put it in the bowl with the cucumbers.
- Do the same with the onion and the garlic. Add salt, pepper, cumin and the vinegars according to your taste.
- Blend all the ingredients. If necessary; add some water to make it smoother.
Leave it in the fridge for a while until it is cool and serve as a starter. Let it surprise you with its original flavour!