Apple Almond Compote
This simple dessert can be helpful for a good nights rest. Almonds contain magnesium and tryptophan known to encourage deep sleep. They are also high in protein which helps to maintain stable blood sugar levels while sleeping. Besides, apples are full of vitamins especially C, fiber, and antioxidants that all promote improved sleep. And cinnamon is known to prevent insomnia as it relaxes muscles and nerves. Try this delicious apple compote as a dessert at your dinner and improve your rest!
- 4 medium apples cut into quarters
- 3 tablespoons toasted almonds or 2 tablespoons almond butter
- 1 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- Orange slices for garnish
- 1 tablespoon rice syrup (optional)
- Pinch sea salt
- Spring water
- Place apples, juice, orange rind, sea salt and cinnamon into a pan.
- Cover with a lid and bring to a boil on a medium flame.
- Simmer for about 15 minutes or until the apples are soft.
- Place the almonds and a little water into a blender. Blend until smooth and creamy. (If using almond butter then miss that step).
- Add the apples and juice to the almonds.
- Add the rice syrup if desired.
- Blend to a smooth, creamy sauce.
- Serve garnished with orange slices.