Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Drinks
Everyone is talking about turmeric lately…and with good reason! This golden spice originally used in Ayurveda, has become a worldwide superfood phenomenon! Whilst it has just become widespread, turmeric is a plant of the ginger family that has existed in Asia for thousands of years and has been used for its widespread medicinal properties.
Science has been backing up all the benefits that turmeric provides, making it an extremely sought after superfood. But, whilst everyone is learning about its amazing properties, not many people know how they can use this spice in everyday cooking.
There are many ways to use it turmeric and it’s also important to distinguish that you can either get it in powdered form or fresh. The powdered form is naturally easier to add to all kinds of dishes, like teas, turmeric lattes, smoothies, soups, sauces, curries, or marinades. You can equally add fresh turmeric to all these dishes, but you would have to grate it or chop it finely.
A great way to include this superfood in your diet is by including it in a smoothie or a juice. We’ve got 2 great anti-inflammatory smoothie and juice recipes that will do your body wonders, and one of the key ingredients giving this smoothie and juice its vibrant colour, is turmeric.
Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Juice
You will need a juicer for this recipe
- 4-6 whole carrots
- Fresh turmeric (6 cm of turmeric)
- Fresh ginger (4-6 cm of the ginger)
- 1-2 apples
- Juice all the ingredients in a juicer
- Pour into a glass and enjoy!
Anti-inflammatory Turmeric Smoothie
You need a blender and juicer for this recipe
- 4-6 whole carrots (juiced)
- 1 banana
- A handful of chopped pineapple
- 2-4 cm of fresh turmeric or ½ tablespoon of powdered turmeric
- 2-4 cm fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon of chia seeds
- First juice the carrots to make the carrot juice.
- Add the carrot juice into a blender and add all the other ingredients.
- Blend everything together and once it’s evenly blended, pour into a glass and enjoy!
These are two easy recipes you can make for breakfast. They’re a delicious way to start the day and nourish your body with essential nutrients. They’re anti-inflammatory, they aid digestion, are immune boosting, promote healthy glowing skin, an antioxidant bomb and a natural antibiotic! Try them!